Official GT design for Drupal 7, created with responsive and adaptive elements for mobile- and tablet-friendly user experiences. See instructions in the handbook. Also see the Website Style Guidelines for details on Georgia Tech website standards and requirements.
As enhancements get rolled into the new Drupal theme, we'll announce them on the Drupal users' listserv, and make them available on this page. Please also send your feedback/questions to the Drupal users listserv.
Update carefully between sub versions!
The changes between the following versions are significant, and may require you to update any customizations you've made in your subtheme (CSS or tpl.php files): 2.4 and 2.5, 2.6 and 2.8. Version 2.9 should not break any sites moving from 2.8, but no guarantees can be given.
GT Theme for Drupal 7
Read the Changelog file to learn what changed between each version of the theme.
A minimally-maintained, static HTML version of the GT Theme is also available on Github at https://github.gatech.edu/ICWebTeam/gt-static
Version 2.9: Changes (released June 8, 2017)
- Security fix: XSS.
- Update footer links
Version 2.8: Changes (released January 5, 2017)
- Bug fix: correct error that always removed the superfooter.
- Bug fix: correct project status url (remove httpS).
- Add final CSS styles for Google CSE search results table.
- Update template.php to use theme path for preprocess_node and process_page, so that it is easier for subthemes to use this correctly.
Version 2.7: Changes (released January 4, 2017)
BEFORE UPDATING TO THIS VERSION: Make changes at https://drupal.gatech.edu/node/671
- SUBTHEME: if copied into your subtheme, you need to update these files:
- html.tpl.php (skip-links)
- maintenance-page.tpl.php (skip-links and footer copyright)
- page.tpl.php (search and left-nav)
- inc/template.footer.inc (copyright and new theme options)
- inc/template.superfooter.inc (remove, and corrected links)
- js/gt.js (search)
- inc/template.site_search.inc (this file has been deleted)
- Make search accessible by screenreaders and keyboard users.
- Remove theme settings option for user choice and Google Search Appliance: Core search (or integrated google_cse module) is now the default.
- Add basic CSS styling for search results page if using google_cse module: this will not be updated unless accessibility issues are found.
- Fix first menu item hidden on mobile view (Thank you, Scott Riggle!)
- Correct links in Superfooter menus
- New Theme setting options:
- remove superfooter (default=no)
- redirect on login to whichever page login started on (default=yes)
- use alternate base url for login (if admin uses different URL than public)
- Update FontAwesome CDN from 4.5.0 to 4.7.0 (and remove included fontawesome copy)
- Allow uploaded logos in SVG and GIF formats
- Increase footer logo 200% for retina displays
- Update College of Design logo (no longer College of Architecture)
- Add higher contrast border to input text fields on forms.
- Remove inaccessible display:none from skip-links
- Remove year from copyright in footer
- Correct and specify menublocks styling
- Hide additional ids in print.css
- Where possible, simplify code and add error checking
- Remove 404 easter egg
- Add CKEditor styles for: aligning text to the left, center or right hidden; and headings that are invisible except to screenreaders
Other Planned Changes
A list of changes we plan to make to the GT Theme in future releases:
- internet explorer: remove support for old versions of IE (internet explorer)
- 2.5 styling: require 2.5 styling and above, remove the option to choose between 2.4 and 2.5
- fonts: remove local copies of fonts (palladiofs and foundation-sans), and standardize font-family declarations/usage
- reset: update normalize (reset.css) from 2.1.1 to latest (5.0.0)
- minipanel css styles
- accessibility improvements:
- menu blocks
- landmark roles in html
- add a starterkit subtheme
- add a block style class to make a menu block display horizontally